Sunday, February 7, 2010

My favorite Sugar Cookies

I have to share this recipe with you.  This is a recipe I got from mine and Kevin's first neighbors, Justine and Matt. They lived on the other end of the duplex apartment we lived in. We were both newly married couples so we would switch recipes. She shared it with me because her husband loved these and she thought I would enjoy themI was so upset because I had lost my recipe I had for years. Thank goodness for facebook because we are friends and I just facebooked her and a few hours later I had it.  I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do.  Thanks Justine!
 
 Preheat oven to 350
Ingredients
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
 Mix dry ingredients together. Then mix the wet ingredients.
3/4 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
After the wet ingredients are mixed gradually add the dry until mixed well.  Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
  
Roll out and begin cutting in whatever shape you like.  We are doing football theme because of the superbowl. Place on pans and bake for 6-8 minutes.  Do not let them get brown! Let cool and then decorate however you like.

 
  
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm gonna try these tomorrow since school is closed! They look yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find cute spring time cookie cutters here in Lynchburg? I am running late on pulling together a gift for a friend by next Saturday, so I have about 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micheals craft store already has out there spring things. I would try there first

    ReplyDelete