Monday, February 15, 2010

What we had for dinner.....

 
My dinner all started with this bread.  Honestly, I am from the south and I was raised on biscuits.  Biscuits are what I make, not yeast breads.  I love yeast breads don't get me wrong, but I am just not good at them. But, I found this recipe here and it is so easy and wonderful. You really need to give it a try. 
So I thought we need some good soup to go with this. In my $5.00 dinner mom recipe book there was one for Pasta e Fagioli Soup(I love this soup at Olive Garden). I changed this recipe up so I am going to give you my instructions.

3/4 pound ground beef
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes with juice
1 (6 ounce) tomato sauce
1 can red kidney beans drained
2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup elbow macaroni

In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain the excess fat. 
Add the cooked ground beef, chopped carrots, chopped celery, chopped onion,, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and 2 cups of water to a large stock pot.  Stir in the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.  Cook for about an hour on low heat.  Add elbow macaroni and cook for about 30 minutes longer. 

Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment