I really think this is one of my husband's favorite things. We had these when we were first married at a bed and breakfast. I asked for the recipe and to my surprise they gave it to me. We sometimes eat these for breakfast, but my husband's favorite is to having them for dessert with ice cream on top.
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp. vanilla
4 firm ripe bananas peeled
1/2 cup four
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
6 T butter, cut into pieces
- Combine orange juice and vanilla:reserve.
- Slice bananas lengthwise and place cut side up in a buttered baking dish( 9x13).
- Combine four, oatmeal, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt
- Add butter. Using a pastry blender or two knives, blend mixture until it resembles small peas.
- Drizzle bananas with orange juice
- Crumble mixture over fruit.