Thursday, January 27, 2011

Homemade Granola

I love granola! I have tried several recipes over the years. I found one in my family feasts for 75.00 a week cookbook.  I changed a few things, but I wanted to share.
12 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 cups of goodies (Nuts, raisins, sunflower seeds  coconut,dried fruit
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
Preheat oven to 325. Grease 3 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and any add ins. Mix well
Combine oil and honey in a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Microwave on High for 2 to 3 minutes until hot.  Pour over dry ingredients.
Spread over baking sheets; bake until light to medium brown 15-20 minutes. Its best to bake each pan individually on the center rack of the oven.
Let the granola cool. It will break up somewhat as you transfer it to a storage container. Store in airtight container for up to 4 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I made honey roasted almonds the other day. I should post that recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete