Thursday, March 12, 2015

Muffins my Family Loves

I am a huge fan of the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. Over the years I have purchased many of them for my collection. Needless to say I was thrilled when they used one of my recipes in their most recent cookbook. The new cookbook is Mom Knows Best, this can be ordered on the website gooseberrypatch.com. Last night I made these for the family and added fresh blueberries. I must say adding the blueberries made them even better. Below is the recipe that is in the cookbook but, feel free to add a cup of berries that your family likes.
 
                                                        Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour                                       1/2 cup milk 
1/2 cup sugar                                                               1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup milled flax seed                                              1 ripe banana, mashed
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder                                             1/4 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
1/2 tsp. baking soda                                                     1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt1
1 egg beaten
 
In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and applesauce. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stir well. Fold in banana, carrot and nuts. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Makes 1 dozen.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment