Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Time

Over the past few weeks the Lord has convicted me about my time management. I think as a stay at home Mom I think to myself well I can get that done later and later it never happens. My job is to keep my household running to the best of my God given ability. My question to myself was "Was this what I was doing in my home." I felt like in all of these last 10 years of babies, toddlers, children I had lost control and I needed to regain control. My first step to get me motivated was my coupon book. I bought baseball card holders for my coupons, and divided them into categories so I could see everything. It was such a wonderful feeling to go into a store and see how much money I had saved. I think everyone should take the time to do this with their coupons. It doesn't take long and you will be surprised at how much easier things are. Now I am starting to work on how I buy food and my goal is to start meal planning. I bought this book The $5.00 Dinner Mom with my amazon order so I could get the free shipping. Last night I started reading her tips. One of her comments was "once I realized that it was my "job" to spend less of my husbands hard-earned money, it was less "trouble". That was like bells going off. I thought OK God you blessed me enough to be able to stay at home now how I am going to do this to the best of my ability. It was like everything was coming together and what a wonderful feeling this is. My goal is to try to be the Proverbs 31 women to the best of my ability. Hopefully, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment